Good Music Videos

A List of "All Time" Videos

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Good "Old-School" Hip Hop Documentaries - Rhyme & Reason & The Show

It's funny for me to call these 2 films "Old-school" but I guess when they are about the 90's, it is more than 10 years old so that does fit the term by definition. Another interesting point about both of these documentaries is that they received mixed to poor reviews. As someone who was participating in this scene during this time and very much a fan of this music, I thought both were very cool. My friends and I used to watch these when we were in college. I still listen to most of this music today and it doesn't sound "Old-School" to me still. Sometimes I will introduce these artists' to some younger kids who have never heard them before and they come back stoked. They think it's new and they just didn't hear it yet. This is pure Hip Hop....I still don't know what happened to it? Take some time and watch these when you get a chance. This era is the birth place of "The BeatLife", you will enjoy this if you love hip hop. Maybe someone will see this and it will them inspire them to make some new music? Please let me know what you think. In my opinion, Rhyme & Reason was done a little better but The Show is good too. It was done earlier but I have it in parts so it had to do it below. Enjoy!

Rhyme & Reason (1997)


 The Show (1995)
Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Part 4


Part 5


Part 6


Part 7


Part 8


Part 9

No comments:

Post a Comment